Monday, November 9, 2009

Dana White Twitter Account Suspended? That sucks.

[Nov 10, 09:45 Update:  If you have an RSS feed of Dana White's Twitter account, you'll still be able to get his tweets. Weird. Watch this space for updates if you can't access his tweets and want to know where he's giving away free UFC 105 tickets.]

[Nov 10, 16:31 Update: Dana is giving away 25 tickets in London and 25 tickets in Manchester. "I will give away 25 in london and 25 in manchester. So I only want people from london who are going to make the trip to MEN for sure." "Stay tuned!" Nuts. This is a far cray from the 3000+ tickets he gave away for UFC 104.]

[Nov 10, 17:05 Update:  I can't stick around to update the tweets any more, but I did find an alternative way of viewing Dana White's Twitter. If you managed to get tickets through my updates, let me know!... and save me a ticket?]

Dana White's popular Twitter account has been suspended. Dana's last tweet on DanaWhiteUFC was sent on 17:56 GMT, with him announcing that he's "taking off!" to London.

The outspoken UFC president has also promised to give away free tickets to this weekend's UFC 105 in Manchester while he's in town. But instead of finding the Dana's latest tweets, visitors are greeted this image instead:



Dana White's Twitter has been down as early as 20:00. Somebody ought to tell him, but I can only reach him through Twitter and he can't check for tweets while his account is suspended. Anybody have his email address?

Dana has been using Twitter really effectively as a marketing tool, and this really sucks for him that his account is down. More so for me, because this was going to be the only way I would be able to see the UFC and Randy Couture fight live. Can some body keep me posted on when his account gets back up? Cheers!

No comments: